Mobile Phone tips
- Change your current cell phone service to Earth Tones, which offers month-to-month calling plans and gives away all profits to environmental groups.
- Energy efficiency for mobiles:
- Adjusting backlighting brightness.
- Changing the update interval for email and browser.
- Switching off applications when not needed.
- Switching off WLAN when not needed.
- Switching off Bluetooth when not needed.
- Unplugging chargers from the socket when the battery is full. Some brands will offer a reminder for you to unplug.
Top 10 tips
- It is not only the choice of phone, but how you use it that is important when you want to control the amount of radiation you are exposed to. Here. You will find a few simple tips that can considerably reduce radiation and therefore also health risks.
- The further away from your body the phone is, the less radiation you are exposed to. Using a hands-free set is the easiest way to radically reduce the amount of radiation you are exposed to if you use a mobile phone.
- By covering large areas of the phone with your hand, you reduce its ability to send and receive signals. The phone then increases its power and transmits stronger radiation to compensate this. So hold the phone as far down as possible, so it can operate at low power.
- You can see the signal reception strength in the display. When reception is good, the phone reduces power and radiation. If reception is poor, the phone uses maximum power and radiation.
- If you have a regular phone, then make calls with it. The amount of radiation is directly connected to the length of time you talk on the mobile phone.
- The radiation you are exposed to is directly related to the time you spend talking on your phone. For longer calls it is safer (and cheaper) to call from a regular phone.
- Do not use a mobile phone when driving a car. Stop at a safe place and talk.
- Do not use your mobile phone in places where there is a lot of electrical equipment, such as hospitals and aircraft.
- Do not bathe with your mobile phone.
- Do not let small children talk on your mobile phone for long periods. They are more susceptible than adults.
- Show consideration to those around you when you have your phone with you.
- Your colleagues may not be as keen on your phone as you are.
- Turn off your phone when you are in public places such as movie theatres and cafe.
- Make a habit of turning it off? it is good for you too.
- A mobile phone can be of great use when you really need it. Just remember:
o Use a hands-free set o Hold it at the bottom o Get in the best position o Use a regular phone if possible o Don’t talk too long o Mobile phones are not suitable for use everywhere o Show consideration to those around you. o The lighter side of ‘Mobile mayhem’ follows.
- Get a mobile phone powered by solar energy and stop worrying about getting hold of an electric plug-in while traveling!