Are you wondering what more you can do to help the planet? You take your bike to work, eat organic, but want to do more. Greenpeace has looked into one of humanity's favourite pastimes and uncovered the passion that can make a difference for our environment. You can be a bomb in bed without nuking the planet ...
- Turn off the lights. We all have to do our part to stop climate change, energy reduction and energy efficiency are an important part of changing our energy culture. If you want to see your partner, or what you are doing, have sex during the day.
- Passion for fruit? If you like to use produce to get the blood boiling, make sure it is GE-free. There have not been enough studies on genetically engineered foods to know what the effects on our diets will be, let alone the affects of using it for more intimate activities.
- Oysters and other shellfish can be potent aphrodisiacs, but our oceans are being destroyed at an unprecedented rate - we need to stop plundering for pleasure. Instead you can support sustainable community-based operations in the Amazon rainforest choosing from two popular and plentiful herbal and fruit drinks, guaran and caju, for more than just a clean conscience.
- Forget the fossil fuel based lubricants like petroleum jelly
- Ok, I'm not sure what you would use them for, never done so myself, ahem, but if you wanted some paddles for something other than rowing make sure they are made from sustainably harvested timber. Look for timber, paddles, whatever, certified by the only internationally recognised ecological forest certification organisation, the Forest Stewardship Council, or FSC.
- Role playing games can be fun as long as both partners are consenting and comfortable with the boundaries. So if you and your partner want to dress up and play "George Bush and Corporate America at the Earth Summit" or other S&M style games, agree on what's permissible and what's not up front. And remember that games - like fantasies - are not real life.
- Use Vegan Approved Condoms.
 Foods to Boost Your Sex Drive
Here are some foods that will provide the essential fuel to spark your sexual appetite and increase libido.
While celery may not be the first food that comes to mind when you're thinking sex, it can be a fantastic source food for sexual stimulation. This is because it contains androsterone, an odorless hormone released through male perspiration and turns women on.
How to enjoy this libido food: Celery is best eaten raw. Wash and cut some, and munch away.
2- Raw Oysters
This is one of the classic aphrodisiacs. Oysters are high in Zinc, which raises sperm and testosterone production. Oysters also contain dopamine, a hormone known to increase libido. Also, the experience of shucking a raw oyster is erotic. Try incorporating it into your foreplay -- feed her and have her feed you. The slippery taste sensation and the mere act of shucking should get you both in the mood.
How to enjoy this libido food: Scrub the shells thoroughly to get any dirt or Bacteria off. Pry them open and place them on a bed of ice, squeeze some fresh Lemon onto them if you like, and then start shucking away.
Bananas contain the bromelain enzyme, which is believed to increase libido and reverse impotence in men. Additionally, they are good sources of potassium and B vitamins like riboflavin, which increase the body's overall energy levels.
How to enjoy this libido food: Place them on a dish in various states of "undress" and have your lady slowly eat some for you. Then gobble yours down and get to work.
The Aztecs called the avocado tree ahuacatl or "testicle tree." While avocados can indeed look like that body part, they contain high levels of folic acid, which helps metabolize proteins, thus giving you more energy. They also contain vitamin B6 (a nutrient that increases male hormone production) and Potassium (which helps regulate a woman's thyroid gland), two elements that help increase libido in both men and women.
How to enjoy this libido food: Cut one in half, scoop out the insides with your fingers, and then get your woman to lick it off.
5- Almond (or nuts in general)
Almonds are a prime source of essential fatty acids. These are vital as they provide the raw material for a man's healthy production of hormones. Additionally, the smell of almonds is purported to arouse passion in females. Try lighting some almond-scented candles to encourage her mood and snack on some (but not too many) yourself to store up energy for your performance.
How to enjoy this libido food: Eat them raw (with no added salt or sweetness). Or, crush some fresh almonds and sprinkle them on your salad to get the energy you need.
What can be more fun than sinking your teeth into a drippy, sticky-sweet fruit? Probably doing that as a prelude to (or during) sex. All of the above fruits and their shapes, textures and succulence are erotically suggestive and can be fun to use amid foreplay. Try dribbling the juices over your bodies and licking up the residue as an erotic game. It makes for a great (and tasty) way to discover each other's bodies.
How to enjoy this libido food: Peel the mango, cut the peach and slice up some strawberries, and feed your woman while she's giving you oral sex.
Although not the most sensual of foods, eggs are high in vitamins B6 and B5. These help balance hormone levels and fight stress, two things that are crucial to a healthy libido. Eggs are also a symbol of fertility and rebirth. Some people will eat raw chicken eggs just prior to sex to increase libido and maximize energy levels. But all bird and Fish eggs contain B6 and B5.
How to enjoy this libido food: Have some caviar and (a bit of) champagne during your fun or gobble down some hard-boiled eggs beforehand.
A good source of glutamine -- a cellular fuel for your immune system -- liver may indeed increase a slowed-down libido. Granted, it's not the sexiest of foods, but if you add it to your basic diet, your body -- and your lady -- will thank you for it.
These are high in Amino acids, which are believed to increase libido. They can also improve sexual stamina. Furthermore, the shape of a fresh fig and the sweet, juicy taste are two tangible aspects that are highly pleasurable to the human senses.
How to enjoy this libido food: Feed her some fresh figs and let the juices run all wild while you're both getting revved up
Yes, you might need to stock up on some extra breath mints, but it'll be worth it. Garlic contains allicin, an ingredient that increases blood flow to the sexual organs. As such, it's a highly effective herb to help increase libido. If the odor just won't work for you -- or you can't stand garlic -- you and your lady can always take garlic capsules instead.
How to enjoy this libido food: Well, chances are you can't enjoy garlic and sex simultaneously, so take some capsules and get it over with.
Aside from the fact that chocolate is the surest way to a woman's vagina, chocolate contains theobromine -- an alkaloid -- which is very similar to caffeine. It also contains phenylethylamine, a chemical believed to produce the feeling of "being in love." So, when your woman talks about how good chocolate makes her feel, there is some science behind it. In addition, dark chocolate has a massive amount of anti-oxidants, which are great for the body in general, as they help maintain the Immune system
Soy foods, such as tofu or edamame, help to bind estrogen, which can keep the vaginal area lubricated. For men, it can help promote prostate health.