- Numerous environmentally-friendly options are available when choosing new furniture for the home. Whether the items are for the kitchen, bedroom or home office, various ecologically sound products and practices can be employed.
- The most important issue when considering furniture is of course – materials. Ensure that furniture materials originate from sustainable woodlands, or other recyclable sources. Always avoid hardwoods and tropical woods such as mahogany.
- It is important to consider, along with materials, the various types of glues and finishes involved in furniture manufacturing. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are toxic emissions which originate in certain furnishings. Modern ecologically-friendly furniture products contain little or no VOCs, creating a healthier home environment.
 Furniture Tips
- Buy furniture made from recycled materials
 Relevant Links
- GreenCulture's goal is to reduce consumption of non earth-friendly items and simultaneously offer consumers an alternative choice of products that are better for the planet. Their products are made from recycled materials or come from renewable or sustainable resources, blending in fashion, style and affordable prices. However, GreenCulture put the goal of promoting products that are better than existing products above absolute purity, because simply boycotting sends the message to manufacturers that there is no market at all for their products, which ends up hurting the overall green movement.