Tips on energy
(Redirected from Energy)
- The use of Energy and supply is of fundamental importance to society, and has made the greatest impact on the environment, with the possible exception of agriculture, of any human activity.
- In order to avoid the serious consequences of unchecked global warming, we must reduce our energy consumpion and ensure all production methods are sustainable.
- Luckily there are some great tips to help you make a real difference
- (See also What to do against global warming)
- Also see energy tips
Tips to save energy today!
Easy low-cost and no-cost ways to save energy.
- Install a programmable thermostat to keep your house comfortably warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the summer.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs with the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gasoline.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products. ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Visit http://www.energysavers.gov/ for more energy-saving ideas.
- See here for financial opportunities offered by the U.S Department of Energy for business, industry, public institutions and residents to increase energy efficiency.
Other energy tips
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Easy Ways to be Energy Efficiency Tips
Sources of Electricity
Home Electrical Safety
- In preventing electrical accidents, a little care and vigilance goes a long way to help you avoid a good deal of damage. Here are a few reminders to keep in mind at home.
Causes of Electrical Accidents
- One of the most common causes of electrical accidents is human error, usually caused by carelessness, resulting in unsafe acts. An unsafe act is a violation of an accepted procedure which may lead to an accident.
- An unsafe act is a violation of an accepted safe procedure which could lead to an accident.
Workplace Electrical Safety
- When working with electricity, safety should be top-of-mind. this involves, planning, training and preparation. Here are some safety relues for the workplace, as well as some first aid procedures.