Tips on Soya
- Buy organic soya. This will have been produced in an environmentally-friendly way without the use of agrochemicals and will not have been genetically modified.
- Cut down on the amount of processed foods you eat. Read the ingredients labels on all processed foods to avoid soya and genetically-modified soya.
- Avoid soya-based formula milk for babies and breast feed babies for as long as possible.
- Buy certified organic meat, eggs and dairy products whenever possible. Organically reared livestock will only have been fed soya certified GM-free.
- If you buy conventionally-produced meat, ask retailers and manufacturers whether the animals you are eating were fed on GM soya. Make it clear that you would prefer animals fed non-GM soya or no soya at all.