Acne or Acne Vulgaris is a skin disease of the hair follicles on the face, chest, and back that affects both males and females. It is a skin condition that causes whiteheads, blackheads, and inflamed red growths (papules, pustules, and cysts) to form.
Two types of Acne
- Non-Inflammatory Acne
- Whiteheads - is formed when the trapped sebum and bacteria stay below the skin surface.
- Blackheads - occurs when the pore opens to the surface, and the sebum, which contains the skin pigment melanin, oxidizes and turns a brown/black color.
- Inflammatory Acne
- Papule - occurs when there is a break in the follicular wall. White blood cells rush in and the pore becomes inflamed.
- Pustule - forms several days later when white blood cells make their way to the surface of the skin.
 Causes of Acne
Acne occurs when pores on the surface of the skin, become clogged. Sebum which normally drains to the surface gets blocked and bacteria begins to grow causing skin inflammation.
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress
- Certain drugs that increase hormone production are thought to have caused acne.
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products
- Pressure from helmets, chin straps, collars, suspenders, and the like can aggravate acne.
- Topical antibiotics and antibacterials
- Retinoids are helpful for unclogging pores
- Oral antibiotics treatment with tetracycline, doxycycline and minocycline. Other oral antibiotics that are useful for treating acne are cefadroxil and amoxicillin.
- Oral contraceptives have been to shown to have modest effectiveness in treating acne.
- Isotretinoin is an excellent treatment for severe, resistant acne and has been used on millions of patients
- Laser treatments provides some promising results.
- Chemical peels
 Some Tips in responding to Acne
- Make sure not to use hot water on your face, always use lukewarm water.
- Try applying a thin layer of coconut oil and massaging it deep into the skin to heal and soothe the affected area. Never underestimate the healing, restorative power of a good night's sleep. It bears repeating, you want to be good to your skin and never pop or squeeze a pimple no matter how tempting.
- Organic therapy range is indeed a scientific breakthrough, all products are uniquely crafted with effective formulations, containing only natural plant, organic and edible ingredients, and they are completely vegan and made with 100% natural gels.
- When you change your diet, your lesions shall start getting better within a week or two, with significant improvement the first month. People with skin disorders such as acne, rosacea, and psoriasis often suffer from constipation; if you are, make sure you're drinking lots of water every day and add more natural fiber from raw fruits to your diet.Whether you eat a natural diet of living fruits and vegetables or eat dead junk food, what you eat may have a direct or indirect affect on the hormones which may or may not play some part in acne.Good clear skin is often a reflection of a good digestive system. Eat high-fiber snacks like raw nuts, raw seeds, fresh or dried fruit, such as dates, and figs.
- Tea tree oil is powerful essential oil, Tea tree oil is thought to have antimicrobial properties to heal and prevent acne without the dryness and irritation associated with conventional products such as benzoyl peroxide. Pure Tea Tree oil, like the one from Primavera, should only be directly applied when diluted appropriately with water or Aloe Vera. Try mixing one-part oil with nine parts water or pure Aloe vera gel.
- Aloe vera and its anti-inflammatory agents, Aloe vera helps rebuild scarred or damaged skin. It soothes skin and can help reduce swelling and redness in current acne while the mild astringents qualities prevent further outbreaks.
- Calendula is a gentle approach, yet ideal for promoting healing, Calendula has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Used for centuries on everything from insect bites and burns to cuts and scrapes, it also helps calm and soothe eczema, acne and psoriasis.
- Honey are full of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps heal acne while simultaneously soothing skin. It's also non irritating and nondrying.
 Acne and Proper Diet
The best way to avoid acne is by having a regular diet. This can help you to deal with problems of acne. Lifestyle of people is changing and everyone prefers to have junk food or fast food rather than proper vegetable and fruit diet.
- It is advised to have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in diet. Try and have 4-5 servings of vegetables and one serving of fruit in a day.
- Always take salad along with your food. Salad is a good source of fiber and keeps you away from constipation which could lead to excessive toxin release.
- Refined sugar, carbohydrates and fried food. These foods give good platform for acne to flourish.
- Include pulses in your diet.
- Avoid food that you are allergic to.
- Try and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water everyday.